NOTE: Registration for 2017-18 begins in February 2017
For questions about registration or residency, or if you want to make an appointment to finalize registration (submit required proof of residency and birth certificate documents), please contact:
Administrative Assistant to the Superintendent
Online Registration: Easy as 1-2-3!
To register a new student, please follow these three easy steps to register your child:
- Complete an online enrollment application for each child entering District 109. If you are a current District 109 parent, log into the Enrollment Access area of Skyward using your Family Access login ID and password (see image below to find Enrollment Access). If you are new to District 109, click this link to begin the registration process.
- Print completed application and supplemental documents.
- Set up a registration appointment with Audrey Beresid to submit original birth certificate* and proof of residency documents**. (No appointment is needed during February drop-in registration events)
*Required Birth Certificate Document
You must provide your child’s ORIGINAL birth certificate. District staff will make a copy and return the original returned to you.
**Required Residency Documents
All families registering a new student must submit THREE documents as proof of residency:
ONE of the following:
- Property warranty deed/title (please, no mortgage/HUD documents)
- Current property tax bill
- Signed lease and proof of recent payment
TWO of the following (showing current property address):
- Driver’s license
- License plate registration
- Voter registration
- Auto insurance card/statement
- Electric, gas or water bill/statement (no cable or phone)
2016-17: Children who will be five years old on or before September 1, 2016 are eligible to enroll in kindergarten for the 2016-17 school year. The District offers half-day morning kindergarten and tuition based full-day kindergarten.
2017-18: Children who will be five years old on or before September 1, 2017 will be eligible to enroll in kindergarten for the 2017-18 school year. Registration for 2017-18 will begin in February 2017. Parents are encouraged to call the school their child will attend in order to be added to the registration information mailing list.
Tentative drop-in/drop-off registration events have been scheduled for February 6, 2017 (1-7pm) & February 16, 2017 (7:30am-1pm).
Before- and After-School Care
If you would like information about the on-site after-school care programs at the elementary schools, please contact the Deerfield Park District. For information about before-school care, contact the school’s PTO. Both programs have rolling enrollment, so new families have the opportunity to register their children in these programs.
Full-Day Kindergarten Information
2016-17: Full-day kindergarten will be offered for the 2016-2017 school year. The Board approved the annual tuition at their February 22, 2016 meeting. That fee is $2,080 per student, which includes the annual material and technology fee. Students who attend for a half day pay the material and technology fee of $140.
2017-18: Full -day kindergarten will be offered for the 2017-18 school year. The Board will approve the annual tuition in February 2017.
Full-day kindergarten students attend school the same hours as our first through fifth grade elementary students, from 8:40am to 3:25pm, and have the same options as older students for:
- Transportation: Use the Address Finder to see if you are eligible for free bus service. If you choose to pay for bus service, that fee will be due on July 1.
- Milk: Students who purchase milk will be able to take a carton of plain, 1% milk. There are no other milk options available. This is a District fee, due on July 1.
- PTO Activities: Lunch ordering, before-school care and after-school enrichment will be available to kindergarten families through the PTOs. Look for information from your PTO over the summer and throughout the school year.
- After-School Club: The Deerfield Park District offers after-school care at each elementary school. Visit the Park District website for more information and registration.)
- School Supplies (K-8): School supply lists for all grade levels can be found on the PTO’s website (links can be found on the schools’ websites). Parents are asked to purchase listed supplies and may choose to buy through the PTO or on their own at local stores.
Change of Status Documents
If you move within the District (even if you move within the boundaries of the same schools) or have a change in family status, please submit the appropriate forms to the District. Please be aware that student attendance is determined by residential boundaries, so make sure to check the boundary map or use our Address Finder to see which school residents of a particular address attend. Contact Audrey Beresid if you have any questions.