New Student Registration
NOTE: Kindergarten & New Student Registration for 2017-18 Now Is Open!
For questions about registration or residency, or if you want to make an appointment to finalize registration (submit required proof of residency and birth certificate documents), please contact:
Administrative Assistant to the Superintendent
Online Registration: Easy as 1-2-3!
To register a new student, please follow these three easy steps to register your child:
1. Complete an online enrollment application for each child entering District 109. If you are a current District 109 parent, log into the Enrollment Access area of Skyward using your Family Access login ID and password (see image below to find Enrollment Access). If you are new to District 109, click this link to begin the registration process. 2. Gather the FOUR (4) required documents:
- Birth Certificate: Child’s ORIGINAL birth certificate. A copy will be made and the original will be returned to you.
- Primary Proof of Residency Document:
Any One (1) of the following: property deed, current property tax bill or lease agreement (signed).
- Supporting Proof of Residency Documents:
Any Two (2) of the following: drivers license, license plate registration, voter registration, auto insurance card/statement, gas utility bill, electric utility bill or water bill. (no cable or phone bills)
3. Set up a registration appointment:
Contact Audrey Beresid at firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an appointment to review submitted application and required documents. (No appointment is needed during February registration drop-in registration events)
2017-18: Children who will be five years old on or before September 1, 2017 will be eligible to enroll in kindergarten for the 2017-18 school year. Parents should submit an online application and then make an appointment with Audrey Beresid to bring required proof of residency and birth certificate documents (detailed above) to complete the registration process.
Before- and After-School Care
If you would like information about the on-site after-school care programs at the elementary schools, please contact the Deerfield Park District. For information about before-school care, contact the school’s PTO. Both programs have rolling enrollment, so new families have the opportunity to register their children in these programs.
Full-Day Kindergarten Information
Full-Day kindergarten is available for all registering students. The tuition based program provides students with greater learning opportunities. Half-day kindergarten (morning only) is available at no cost. Parents will be asked to indicate their session preference (full-day or morning) on the online enrollment application. For 2017-2018, tuition is $1,040 per student, which includes the annual material and technology fee. Monthly payment plan is available.
Full-day kindergarten students attend school the same hours as our first through fifth grade elementary students, from 8:40am to 3:25pm, and have the same options as older students for:
- Transportation: Use the Address Finder to see if you are eligible for free bus service. If you choose to pay for bus service, that fee will be due on July 1.
- Milk: Students who purchase milk will be able to take a carton of plain, 1% milk. There are no other milk options available. This is a District fee, due on July 1.
- PTO Activities: Lunch ordering, before-school care and after-school enrichment will be available to kindergarten families through the PTOs. Look for information from your PTO over the summer and throughout the school year.
- After-School Club: The Deerfield Park District offers after-school care at each elementary school. Visit the Park District website for more information and registration.)
- School Supplies (K-8): School supply lists for all grade levels can be found on the PTO’s website (links can be found on the schools’ websites). Parents are asked to purchase listed supplies and may choose to buy through the PTO or on their own at local stores.
Change of Address/Family Status Documents
If you move within the District (even if you move within the boundaries of the same schools) or have a change in family status, please submit the appropriate forms to the District. Please be aware that student attendance is determined by residential boundaries, so make sure to check the boundary map or use our Address Finder to see which school residents of a particular address attend. Contact Audrey Beresid if you have any questions.